01582 228600

Building Regulations

Building Regulations

There are two types – a Local Authority Building Control service and a private sector Approved Inspector Building Control service.
As the homeowner, you are free to choose which type of Building Control Body to use on your project, though most applications are normally steered through your local authority Building Control department.

The building regulations apply to most building work and the charges payable for applications vary between Local Authorities and Approved Inspectors. You can contact your Local Authority or preferred Approved Inspector for details of their charges.

Applications need to contain plans and other information showing construction details and building specifications in relation to the general structure and its foundations.

The building inspectors will carry out inspections of the building work once it is in progress. They will explain about the notification procedures which the regulations require you and your appointed contractor to follow at various stages of the work – e.g. in connection with foundations, damp proof courses and drains.

Building Regulation Drawings and Specifications

Note ­- Your Planning Application is the first stage of the process. Building Regulations, the contract with the builder and Party Wall Notices are only required after you have you have received Planning Permission.

MPO_porch_colour2     £300 – Porch extension

MPO_garage_colour2     £500 – Garage Conversion

MPO_cons_colour2     £500 – Conservatory

MPO_Single_colour2     £600 – Single Storey extension

MPO_Loft_colour2     £725 – Loft Conversion

MPO_2_Storey_colour     £800 – Two Storey extension